Table of Contents
Molds are unwanted organisms that thrive in damp, and dark environments. They can be found in buildings and homes. These dust-like organisms grow in areas where there is a lot of moisture, like leaks in windows, pipes, roofs, or where there is evidence of flooding. They can also grow on cardboard, ceiling tiles, paper, and wood products. Further, molds can grow everywhere where there is a presence of oxygen.
Though they are minute organisms, they can be harmful in many ways if not removed. They can destroy buildings and furniture, and even pose health issues in every home. To prevent the harmful damage it can bring to your home or buildings, it is important to remove the mold as fast as possible. There are different DIY solutions you can do to remove molds, however, if you’re unsure of the type of molds and the area affected is too complex and big, it is advisable to hire professionals for mold removal and remediation.
Now let’s take a look at how much mold removal and remediation costs.
Mold removal means the removal of particular mold growth, nevertheless not making the home completely mold-free. Mold remediation and remediation in Arlington, VA can typically cost between $1,176 to $3,535 or with an average of $2,263. However, if the affected area is very complicated and large, it can reach up to $ 6,000. For every square foot, companies usually quote at around $10 to $25 per square foot. Yet, there are different quotes for apartments and condos with more complex HVAC systems or residential single-family homes.
Many components impact the total cost of removal and remediation, this includes the location of mold in your home, the type of mold, the scope of the problem, and lastly, the remediation that is needed.
Factors in Computing Mold Removal and Remediation Cost
Location of the Mold
This is one determining factor in the fee of mold removal and remediation. If the area is easy to access then expect a lower fee, but if the area is difficult-to-access then a bigger amount will be charged to homeowners.
- Basement. Since the basement is more likely to have easy access for crews, then remediation procedures will be faster. Basement mold removal can range between $500 to $3,000. Although, this can be an easy access space if there are leaking and ongoing water damage issues in the pipes or walls. The mold removal company can charge you an additional cost for any other underlying issues.
- Attic. Mold removal fees for attics can fall between the average of $1,000 to $4,000 but could reach up to $7,000. Though this is usually an easy-access space, this area is usually dark, and damp due to the vents and roof leaks. To fully correct the source of the problem, roof repairs must be done, and this is why the remediation fee can reach up to $7,000.
- Drywall. When it comes to drywall, it is important to note that it is porous. For surface-level mold growth on drywall, it is around $1,000. For drywall where mold grows for a long time, it will require removing all the drywall and replacing it, which can reach up to $20,000 or more.
- HVAC and AC. The mold removal expense from HVAC depends on the kind of system you have at home. Radiant heating systems will range from $1,500 to $,5000. For furnaces and air handlers with more vents, and connections, it can range between $3,000 to $5,000 and for AC systems where there’s so much moisture it can range up to $3,000 to $10,000. They charge more for AC systems since ducts, vents, and tubes are included in the remediation.
- Air ducts or vents. Air ducts and vents cleaning fees can range between $270 and $490. It is cost-effective if you schedule air duct cleaning once or twice a year.
- Bathroom. Bathrooms are often damp due to day-to-day condensation from showers, which makes them a perfect environment for mold growth. It can cost homeowners around $500 to $1,000 for visible molds. For areas where there is an ongoing leak, it can cost you up to $8,000 where demolition or reconstruction is deemed necessary.
- Whole property. The entire property mold remediation, it will require correcting the source of mold growth within the walls, carpet, ducts, and other surfaces. Full property mold remediation is necessary when it involves flood or catastrophic water damage. The mold removal and remediation come with the biggest average cost which is between $10,000 to $30,000.
Type of Mold
Mold can vary in type and can come in different colors. White, pink, and green molds can cost between $500 to $5,000. A certain type of mold that professionals must handle is black mold. This type is rare yet can pose serious health problems when left untreated. It requires a methodical procedure to reduce the risk of returning. The rate for black mold removal could range between $2,000 and $6,000.
Size of the Problem
As mentioned above, the cost per square footage for mold removal and remediation can range between $10 and $25. So, if you have a 50- square foot area, you have to prepare between $500 to $1,250. It is practical to get rid of the mold as soon as possible to minimize the expense it can cause on a larger scale.
Repairs can range between $2,000 and $20,000 depending on the damage, this includes the following:
- Installation of Drywall : $990- $2, 910
- Roof Leak Repair: $380 – $1,680
- Carpet Installation: $790 – $2,800
- Floor repair: $190- $570
Request a free quote
Do you want to get an accurate mold removal and remediation cost in Arlington, VA? Request a free estimate from us today!
We are your expert mold removal service to hire in Virginia. Our team is trained and bonded for this. We deliver exceptional service to keep your home clean from all bacteria and microorganisms.
Our team also does cleanup, demolition, and reconstruction services for an affordable price. If you have any questions about mold removal, feel free to reach out or visit us on Facebook. We will do our best to reply within 24 hours or earlier.